New Zealand broccolini is available all year round.
Storage and Handling
Store in the refrigerator. Handle all fresh produce with care and wash before eating.
Broccolini was developed in Japan where it was called Chinese Kale. ‘Broccolini’ is a trademark of the Mann Produce Company.
- Broccolini is a natural cross between broccoli and gai lan or Chinese broccoli.
- It is a member of the brassica family
- Broccolini is often misidentified as young broccoli
- Broccolini has a long slender stem topped with small flowering buds that resemble a cross between broccoli florets and an asparagus tip
- Broccolini prefers cooler climates and air temperatures